Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome, AU
What is the name of your Park and where is it located?
- Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome is located in Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
What have you installed? (Zip Line, Kids Parkour, How many parkours?
- Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome has a ropes course with three integrated ziplines and 65 elements.
Why did you choose the continuous belay solution Saferoller® / Speedrunner®?
- Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome chose the Saferoller system, as it is a continuous belay system, preventing guests from unclipping themselves at any time.
- Most accidents on ropes course happen when guests unclip themselves from the safety cable so Saferoller improves the safety of the course and allows the course to have higher elements.
- We have many international tourists visiting Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome and therefore it is important to have a system which is easily explained and virtually foolproof. The Saferoller system achieves this.
What do the park visitors say about the security solution?
- Guests at Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome feel very safe with the continuous belay system, as they recognise that there is no chance of falling without a safety line attached. They trust our safety equipment and this allows them to have fun without worrying about falling.
Where do you see the advantages concerning the height of the lifeline?
- The lifeline is installed at two metres, which has several advantages. It is away from guests’ hands and fingers, preventing them from getting caught, and it reduces the drop height for guests, meaning little loading on the gear in a fall.
What do you think the children about using it?
- Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome allows children on the course, although they need to be at least 120cm high for the Mid-ZOOM course and 140cm high for the Hi-ZOOM course to allow them to complete the course safely. They find Saferoller an easy to use system.
Are there any suggestions?
- Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome currently uses the Saferoller 1 system which does not have the swivel. The new Saferoller 2 system has this included on the trolley which seems to reduce wear on the anchor point.